What are the 2016 resume trends? This is the common question asked by job seekers who are getting ready with their job applications in the coming year. There are many tendencies for resumes and that are many emerging types of resumes that catch the eyes of employers and hiring managers. Check out the following for some samples of new resume formats and trends that can give you an edge in your next applications.
Resume Styles 2016
- One of them is graphs and charts resumes, which are used by applicants who want to show off their accomplishments in their industries through figures and statistics of their achievements in their industry. This may work for those in sales and marketing. Now you can make use of one of the trendiest resume styles 2016, which are the charts and graphs resumes!
- Quotations resumes are also non-traditional simple resume formats that can highlight your abilities, knowledge, and skills at a glance. They can also lead to showing off your credibility by highlighting your successes to the potential employer. You can make use of quotes from your previous manager or supervisor.
According to theundercoverrecruiter.com recruiters spend an average of 3.14 minutes reading a candidate’s resume and they have generally made up their mind within the first minute.
- Another of the 2016 resume trends is the LinkedIn resume. It is perfect for those applicants who want to leverage the power of the internet in their application. They can create a well-targeted job application that will display their abilities, knowledge, and skills using keywords and powerful sections, which can show off their most important assets to the employer who might be looking for candidates online. However, make sure that you make use of all sections and see to it that every section is done professionally. Do not leave any blank section in your LinkedIn resume and proofread it for the best results.
- A video resume is another of the best resume styles 2016 because it lets you highlight your skills and get your points across at a glance.
Discover stunning resume writing tips 2016 right now!
Resume Buzzwords 2016
- Salary negotiable
- References are available upon request
- Experience working in ____
- Responsible for ____
- Problem-solving skills
- Team player
There you have the best resume styles to use for 2016 as well as overused phrases and words to ditch in your resume. Do your best in creating a good, tailored resume and write it as per job requirements to get better results. Learn more about 2016 resume trends today!
Try using these best cover letter services to impress your employer with your statement!
Image credit: vizualresume.com