Getting started in writing a resume is difficult for high school students who do not have much more experience. However, it is easier to write it when you have a high school resume template example to follow because it serves as your guide.
According to time.com 43% of respondents say they’d consider a candidate even if he or she only had three of five qualifications the employer wanted.
High School Resume Template Example
- Complete name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Work experience/ Volunteer works
Resume Writing Tips for High School Students
It is better when you know professional resume format for high school students but it is also good to know some tips in writing the paper to know what you need to write and what you should not.
- Make an outline: Create a quick list of your experiences and give descriptions.
- Make it short: The resume should not be longer than two pages. You need to write your name, contact number, work experience, activities and any other information you want to include. Be sure that the things you will include are relevant to what you are applying.
- Include work experience (informal): If you have paid work experience, you need to include it. If you do not have any, you can in include things like lawn mowing, babysitting and other else that give you a chance to earn money.
- Include activities: Since not all high school students get a job, it is essential to provide aspects of your like such as work ethic, personality, skills and others. You can also include volunteer work, extracurricular activities, athletic pursuits and academics.
- Promote performance and attitude: Hiring manager will be more interested in your attitude and work habits. The employer does not expect you to have lots of experience that is why presenting your attitude and personality is a help.
- Mention achievements: Hiring manager is looking for a personal with positive contributions. Ask yourself on what achievements in clubs, sports, class, and workplace that you can write. It is good to include challenging advanced projects.
- Use action verbs: Be sure to use active language all the time especially in writing your experience.
There you have it, some tips as well as a format to follow. Start writing your resume when you already know what you need to do.
If you are interested in proper layout, then you might enjoy learning more about a nursing resume format.
Image credit: s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com, smashfreakz.com