Can a cover letter sample for fresh graduate help you to win a job?
Most freshly graduated students have limited work experience to use within their resume so a good letter is vital if you want to impress the recruiter and stand any chance of being invited to interview. Your cover letter is your opportunity to showcase your personal skills and abilities and to show how they match to the specific needs of the position. Your nursing cover letter sample is also your chance to really show that you want to work with them and you are not just applying for this position along with dozens of others looking for a quick placement. An example of letter for fresh graduate will help you to see exactly how you need to write a successful cover letter.
How will you find a cover letter sample: entry level
A letter sample for fresh graduates can be found by searching on Google or any other search engine. However most you will quickly see are very different to each other. This is because your letter needs to be highly focused on the specific position that you are applying to and on how you match both the position and the organization. Using a general cover letter that does not show specifics is not going to make you stand out from the crowd and will indicate to the recruiter that you are not really serious about working for them. The more specific your cover letter and the better you show that you match both the company and the job the more effort the recruiter will see you have put into your application.
Only 17 percent of recruiters bother to read cover letters unless you make the short list. (According to workplacelit4adults.wordpress.com)
How to use a cover letter sample for fresh graduate
An example of cover letter for fresh graduate is only going to get you so far, you have to look at each and see how they cover what the job and company are asking for. You then need to look at the specific job that you applying for and ask yourself how you can demonstrate that you have everything that they are looking for. To do this you will need to do the following:
- Tell them why you are applying for this job and company, explain your interest in both so that they know you are really interested and not just applying for every available job
- Select around five of the key skills or experiences that they are looking for and explain how you meet their specific needs
- Don’t just say I have leadership skills, give a clear example of where you have used those skills and how effective you were
- In addition to the specific job requirements research the company and show how you match their core values and goals; make it clear that you have looked in depth at their company
- Stay highly focused and relevant, your letter needs to be only one page in length and not cluttered
- Proofread your letter very carefully and get someone else to review your letter also if possible
By carefully studying each cover letter sample for a fresh graduate you will see how the experts tackle the areas mentioned above and will be able to write your own excellent cover letter.