How would effective cover letter examples help you?
Most recruiters would just skip over any application that did not include a cover letter as it would show that you have probably expended little effort thinking about this specific job. If you really wanted a job then you would have taken the time to carefully read the advert as well as researching the company before you applied, this would be reflected within your cover letter while a missing cover letter probably indicates that you have just sent your resume to every vacancy that you could find without any real thought. Effective cover letter examples will give you an idea of how you need to craft your cover letter to maximize its effectiveness.
Where can you find effective cover letter examples
Our site has many effective cover letter samples as do many other sites that you will find with a simple search. The problem is which would make a good resume cover letter for your application? As you will see every example will be different as should your own letter. You are an individual and the job that you are applying for will have some specific and often unique requirements. Therefore you own letter cannot just be just a copy of any effective cover letter examples that you find, you need to use these examples to help decide exactly what you need to include within your own letter.
How to use effective cover letter examples
Effective cover letter examples can only act as a guide and show you how your cover letter should look. They also show you the sorts of things that need to be covered and how you should write. What you need to keep in mind is that you are trying to get the recruiter to see you as a perfect match to the position which means:
- Stating why you are applying for this particular position
- Showing how your skills and experiences specifically meet the requirements of this position
- Show how you fit with the aims and goals of the company
- Demonstrating your key accomplishments and showing how they will benefit the company
- Demonstrating your communication skills
Your effective cover letter
Examples such as ours are a good starting point for writing your own letter and should not be copied verbatim. Your letter needs to demonstrate the points above to show the recruiter what a good fit you are, but like our effective cover letter examples it also needs to:
- Be addressed to the recruitment manager by name
- Have an eye-catching introduction
- Contain nothing negative about you or previous companies
- Be relevant to how you fit the position
- Not just repeat the content of your resume
- Request an interview
- Inform them that you will follow up your application (and makes sure that you do)
- Be free of spelling and grammatical issues
If you are interested in more details then you can review a proper medical assistant cover letter should look like.