Do you want to write a professional resume 2016? You are not alone on this because many job seekers are preparing to come up with the perfect resume that will help them in the coming year of job applications. No matter you are a newbie or a veteran worker in your industry, check out the following tips to know as well as some points in writing per section of your resume.
According to inc.com on average, every corporate job opening attracts 250 resumes. But only 4 to 6 of these people will be called for an interview, and only 1 of those will be offered a job.
Resume Writing 2016
- Content: When it comes to the content of resume writing 2016, see to it that you are writing only the most relevant details about your work experience and education. Keep your content only up to two pages at most. Employers do not have all the time in the world to focus and give so much time in every resume they read. Proofread your content and ensure that it contains no grammar flaws, too.
- Structure: When it comes to structure, ensure resume writing 2016 is targeted per job application and experience. For instance, use the chronological format if you want to stress on your solid work background. Make sure that you have no gaps in your work history before using this format because employers can easily see those gaps in a chronological resume.
- Format: Important sections of your simple resume format include your headline containing your name, phone number, address and email address and then followed by other sections, including your career summary, education, work experience and so on.
- Styling: The best resume 2016 is written on a legal sized paper, with the 12-font size of Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri.
Keep up with the 2016 resume trends by following our tips!
What to Include in Every Section of Your Best Resume 2016
- Headline: This will contain your name, email, home address and mobile number.
- Career summary: This will include your most important career highlights.
- Education: This section will include your college, masters or any other pertinent details about your education. Start from the most recent to the least recent.
- Work experience: This section will have your work details, including job description, position, company and year of employment. Start from the most recent to the least.
- Achievements: This section should include your career highlights, including your accomplishments, including “increasing sales by 20 percent in a period of six months for ABC Company…”
There you have some general guidelines in writing your resume in 2016 as well as things to include in every section. Finally, proofread and edit your best resume 2016 to ensure it contains no grammar and style mistakes.
We also advise you to take your resume to the next level by setting up a LinkedIn profile. For the purpose, you might want to use LinkedIn resume writing service for the best result!
Image credit: vizualresume.com, digpro.net