If you consider making a CV infographic, you have a good choice. If you opt for this, you can create a colorful, creative and graphic resume that will give you the chance to get an interview. If you want to know how to make the best infographic, here are guidelines.
Creating Resume Infographics
- Make it easy to read and understand: Just like other formats, resume infographics also have specific format to follow. You need to write your complete name as well as contact information on the top of the page of the paper. It will be followed by summary of skills, work history, education and other interesting details that will be helpful for the employer to know more information. For resume infographic, you should not follow this format because what you need to do is to ensure that you will make your resume easy to read and clear. You can present your skills that will quickly show how good you are. You can use education and experience sections to give more details. Make sure that your infographic resume will be easy to read and not difficult or else the hiring manager will not invest time in reading your resume.
- Tell a story: One of the ways to submit a good resume is to tell a story. If you want to tell a story, you need to show how good candidate you are. You need to tell about what you do, what the job can give to you, how you can be a help to the company or to the employer and other essential information. For instance, if you are a writer, you can tell how good you are and what experiences you have in the field. You need to get the attention of the employer by telling how you can give the industry a good blog and others.
- Choose the perfect colors: The time you are done in structuring all what you need to do, the next thing you should do is to think what colors you will use to make resumes that stand out. You should not use all the colors because it will not be good to the eyes and it will only distract the hiring manager. If you use too much color, they will concentrate on it instead of the information you are trying to share. With many colors, your eyes will not know where you should focus. What you need to do is to use harmonious complements and striking contrasts so that it will be easy to read. You can use some gray, white and black colors. In choosing the color, base it on your personality. You can use brown or blues if you want. Just make sure that it is easy to read and you have a good background. If you want to know more about colors, you can check out the internet to know more details. It will give you samples about color scheme.
- Keep it simple: The most important thing in writing your resume is to make it simple all the time and be aware of the latest resume trends. You do not need to be the most creative person in submitting an infographic because what important is that the content. Yes, you need to make a great impact and you can do this when your resume is simple and have good content. You can use headings, big numbers and good colors. You can use arrows if you want and just be sure that your aim is to submit an easy to read resume with good details and will leave the reader information of what they want to know. No matter what format you choose, you need to submit a high quality paper.
- Check example: One of the things you should not forget is to check infographic resume examples. It can help you in some ways especially in creating your resume. There are many examples on the web that give you ideas on what designs and format you can use.
[Tweet “A typical corporate job posting will attract 250 resumes on average.”]
If you have not yet use the infographic resume, it is worth to try it. The fact is that there are many applicants who use it and you can also try. With it, you can satisfy the employer and ensure that you get a call from them.